Learn more about committee service here.
Committees are an important part of NACAC’s leadership structure and are vital to its success. Members lend their expertise to the issues and programs that keep the association current and strategic in serving its members, the profession, and students.
- NACAC's two special committees are: Admission Practices and Governance and Nominating. Due to the passage of proposed bylaw amendments voted on by NACAC members during the 2021 Annual Member Vote, these committees transitioned from standing to special committees.
- Ad hoc committees are convened to address specific tasks within a defined timeline. Two new ad hoc committees were recently announced and will begin their work in October of this year. They are listed below.
- Other committees include the Rising Star Award Committee.
Recently completed committees include:
- Ad Hoc Committee on Developing Programs and Services for College Counseling and Admission Professionals at Rural and Small-Town Schools and Colleges
- Ad Hoc Committee on Engaging Public High School Counselors
- Ad Hoc Committee on Reimagining the NACAC-Affiliate Partnership
- Ad Hoc Committee on Serving Next Generation College Counseling and Admission Professionals
- Commission on Redesigning College Admission and Financial Aid Through a Racial Equity Lens